Thursday, August 4, 2011

Monthly Menus: August

August Menus

Hope you guys enjoyed last months menu.  I loved using My Father's Daughter (Gwyneth Paltrow) cookbook all month.  Have any of you had a chance to check it out?  There are so many great recipes in it.  This month I'll be using it again, along with Tyler's Ultimate (Tyler Florence) and my favorite online foodie sites and some of my own recipes.  Here you go!

August 3rd-6th
Thurs: Grilled veggie salad with pine nuts, craisins and goat cheese
Sat: Roasted Eggplant with Za'Atar Pizza (might do a grilled version if it's warm out!)

August 7th-13th
Sun: late lunch/early dinner at Fire on the Mountain
Mon: Chicken Thighs with Wide Butter Noodles, Fennel, and Grapes (Tyler's Ult p.142)
Tues: Tuna Noodle Casserole (with leftovers for Kyle)
Weds: Kacie and G out of town
Thurs:-
Fri: Kacie and G home late
Sat: 2nd Wedding Anniversary and Marion & Co. in town.  Somethin' special!

August 14th-20th
Mon: Dinner out
Tues: Sicilian-Style Spaghetti (Tyler's Ult p.168) and Kacie' Garlic Bread
Weds: Gazpacho (Father's D p.62 ) and Garlic Croutons
Thurs: Grilled Tuna Rolls
Fri: Leftovers
Sat: Grilled Fish and Grilled Eggplant with Lemon, Yogurt, Pomegranate and Mint (Tyler's Ult p.210)

August 21st-27th
Sun: Chicken and Dumplings (Father's D p.159)
Mon: Leftovers
Tues: The Ultimate Ratatoille (Tyler's Ult p.210) with Kacie' Garlic Bread
Thurs: Leftovers (make Weds dinner fresh again)
Fri: Cold Nicoise Salad (Father's D p.83)
Sat: Leftovers

August 28-31st
Sun: Cheesy Stuffed Burgers (Father's D p.99)
Mon: Leftovers
Tues: Fried Sole Sandwiches with Spicy Mayo and Pickles (Father's D p. 113)
Weds: Leftovers

This month I'll share my recipes with you for my Grilled Veggie Salad and Garlic Croutons and I'll have an update on my Margarita Recipe... before it was for one drink and I now have perfected the recipe to make a whole pitcher of mix.

Happy cooking.

6 comments:

elsie said...

Looks so so yummy! Thank you for the sweet comment!
xo, Elsie

Emma Robertson said...

Oh my goodness, your menu sounds amazing!

xo,
Em

Kacie @ A Collection of Passions said...

Thanks Elsie and Emma. Let me know if you have a chance to try any of it out!

tink said...

this realy sounds so delicious im glad i found it

Angie said...

I've had my eye on that cookbook and your month sounds so delicious that I'm going to pick one up! ; )

Kacie @ A Collection of Passions said...

Angie, Totally get it. I also made a whole month of July menus just using that and online sources. http://acollectionofpassions.blogspot.com/2011/07/july-menus.html

Happy cooking!